Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Lactation Conference for Health Care Professionals Improving Breastfeeding Success for the Preterm Infant Atlanta, Georgia January 11, 2013
Friday, January 11, 2013 from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Improving Breastfeeding Success for the Preterm Infant
- The Infant Feeding Mechanism: An Overview of the Anatomy and Physiology of Sucking and Swallowing
- Setting the Stage for Success: Tips and Tools for Transitioning a Preterm Baby to Breastfeed
- Transitioning Very Low Birth Weight Infants to Exclusive Breastfeeding: Is It Possible?
- Medications and Nutrition Supplements Designed from Mother's Milk Components
- Optimizing Breastfeeding for the Late Preterm Infant
Sarah N. Taylor, MD Neonatologist & Associate Professor, Division of Neonatology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
Katlyn E. McGrattan, PhD(c), MS, CF-SLP Speech Language Pathologist, Doctoral Program in Health and Rehabilitation Science
Medical University of South Carolina
Pamela K. Murphy, PhD, CNM, IBCLC Private Practice Lactation Consultant, Lactation Resources & Clinical Development Manager, Ameda Breastfeeding Products
Target audience: Nurses, Lactation Consultants, Dietitians, Neonatal & Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Neonatologists & Pediatricians, Speech Language Pathologists & Occupational Therapists working with preterm infants
We are going Green!
We will be providing downloads of the presentation in lieu of printed copies.
Continuing education credit:
Lactation Consultants: 6.5 L CERPs
Registered Dieticians: 6.5 CPEUs
Nurses: 6.5 Contact Hours
Registration will start at 7:30am ~ conference will begin at 8am and end at 4pm.
A light breakfast will be provided.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Phone: 843-754-1187